Sunday, May 31, 2009
Most parents sing nursery rhymes to their children. Not in our house... Blake sings Vanilla Ice, and it totally intrigues Egan. Who knew? And, also who would have ever figured out that Egan like to be held up above your head?
Blake figured out that one too. Egan is actually looking at the Black and White pictures on the wall. He's loved looking at them since he was just a few weeks old. This really calms him down.
Now, what hasn't worked yet is Blake using logic to parent Egan. It doesn't calm him down at all when Blake asks him to "use his words". Try that again in a few years, honey.
Here's another new development:
Well, maybe it isn't so much a new development for him as it is something we realized. Egan likes to sleep on his tummy. Maybe that is why he hasn't been sleeping well yet. With the scare of SIDS these days, we got one of these on Craig's list. Now, both Egan and I can sleep well. Awesome.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
One TICKED off kid. He didn't stay that way for long. He was happy again in a matter of seconds, but I couldn't resist the photo!
This is my favorite. Crossed eyes and attitude. awesome.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
I love a sleeping baby, and Egan was a champ and let us carry him all over the yard while he slept peacefully in his basket. I had tried a few times over the few days I was there to get some sweet pictures of my sweet boy, but this age is a bit difficult to photograph as his head is still a bit wobbly and well, his eyes are still a bit crossed. I got a few good ones of him awake, but what I really love are the sleeping ones.
Anyway, Happy Birthday, Dad! We had lots of fun!
Check out the Birthday cake my mom made... yum! And if it is possible, it tasted better than it looks.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Yo mama, if you wear that you must be crazy. I may be a little out of the loop as far as fashion goes, but I don't think ANYONE, much less a very pregnant woman should wear that ridiculous outfit. Would you believe me that someone is trying to sell them? Look here for proof. What were they thinking?!?!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Remember this from a few days ago? That is not the only movie impression Egan does. He also does the "Uncle Rico". See below.
Serious face and all. I think we have some talent on our hands. Look out Hollywood.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Today Egan turned 6 weeks old. Each day seems to fly by and I love every minute of it. Lately Egan loves to look at lights watches Blake and I with every move we make. He's got so much personality and quite a temper I might add, but hey, who's perfect?
Check out this cute hat Carrie made for Egan. We love it!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Here's the best part. This afternoon I handed Egan to Blake, and realized they were dressed the same. Blake's was much less coachlike, but matching none the less. He was wearing a light blue shirt and navy workout shorts. It was cute. Egan is officially Blake's mini-me. Check out the hand.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
You have passed the one month mark and we couldn't be having more fun. You are a true joy! In this first month you've done lots of things. Well, first, you were born, and I think that is a big enough deal, but here are some other things you've done as well as things you like or don't like.
- Your dad took us to get Frozen yogurt. Yum. That also happened to be my first outing to a real restaurant in a while. I think I may have enjoyed it more than you did. You just slept the whole time.
- We took you on your first "date" to TGI Fridays. Again, you were quite the party animal and slept through the entire meal.
- We went on various trips to Target, Walmart, Sam's, and out to eat. Can you tell your mom can't handle being cooped up anymore?
- You went to church for the first time. We sat in the overflow room together.
- At your 2 week dr. appointment, you weighed 7lbs 3 oz. Getting big!
- You refuse to sleep in your crib or pack 'n play. You prefer your car seat. We'll have to work on that.
- You've already had a few photo sessions. So far, you don't seem to mind them, but I'm sure that will change in the coming years.
- So far, you totally ignore Bo. He hasn't done the same for you though. At first he wasn't sure what to think and was scared of your cries, but he's getting more used to you now.
- You are one loud sleeper! All night long, we hear your grunts. Your dad jokes that you have "Swine Speech". What a funny guy.
- You don't enjoy your bath at all.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Most of the pictures I have look a little more like this:
I've been doing some work around the house today, and thankfully Egan hasn't protested. Instead, he's had some fun in his swing. He happens to be sleeping here, but this morning, he hung out awake for 30 minutes without making a peep! I was thankful for that time to get
some stuff done.