Blake and I walked into the place wondering how "New York" it could be because it is in the middle of Dallas, and I don't think there could be two things any more different than NYC and Dallas. That said, here was our comparison.
- This place had room between the tables! If it were in NYC, there would have been 1/3 the space and at least as many tables as in this place.
- It had carpet. I don't think I ever went into a place in NYC that had carpet. (I think carpet in general is gross, but in a food establishment... NASTY!)
- When we sat down, we were handed a large menu with everything from omelets to steaks. All three of us decided on breakfast food. I would say that is similar to a NYC deli, or at least diner. You can get anything there!
- Our waiter came over and politely asked us what we wanted to drink. In NYC, you are not politely asked anything.
- When the waiter came back with our drinks and we still weren't done reading the book sort of menu, he was happy to come back in a few minutes when we had made up our mind.
- When we had the decision of kind of egg, potato, bread and I don't remember what else, he simply listed all the choices. In NY, you might be lucky enough to hear the choices once, but you had better just be able to read his mind and answer without him having waste his time with such trivial things.
- The true test of is this place more NYC or Dallas: refills. Are they free or do you have to pay per cup? Answer: Free. The sodas came in LARGE cups and the refills came glass after glass.
In other news, things here are still busy. We have a lot to do to get ready for this baby who is due to be here in less than 9 weeks! 9 WEEKS! I can't believe it. I better get busy.