Monday, July 28, 2008

not a lot to say right now... just an update.

I just thought I'd write a quick update, since I haven't written in a while. Blake and I went to Dallas for a long weekend. It was jam packed full almost the entire time, so we are happy to have an evening at home tonight. Hopefully it will be an early night for us. Blake is currently playing the xbox. Bo is napping under the table, and I'm doing a bit of typing on the computer... exciting stuff for sure.
We didn't get home till about 1:30 am (pacific time) last night from the airport. Our car was due at the rental at 6 pm yesterday in dallas, and our flight wasn't till 8, so in true "blake" style, we aimed for catching an earlier flight. If you haven't heard his travel stories. Ask him. They make me laugh. (Here's his most recent tales from his travel.)
Back to the current trip though... We returned the rental car at 6 and hopped on the shuttle bus... got off at the airport and got checked in. Since we weren't checking any bags, we thought we might check and see if there happened to be an earlier flight to Denver. There was... and it was scheduled to leave at 6:30. By this time... it was 6:30, but we just so happened to be right in front of the departing gate, so we figured we'd give it a shot. Sure enough, just as Blake always seems to manage, there was room for us... in the reclining exit row, no less.
Awesome, maybe we'll make it home before midnight, we thought. Wrong... we made it to denver and found that there were no connecting flights to San Francisco that left any earlier. We weren't disappointed though, we just decided that this would give us a chance to sit down, eat dinner together, and talk. We did just that. I had Schlotsky's... wow, I love those sandwiches. Come to find out though, our 9:30 flight out of denver was delayed. We now aren't scheduled to leave till 10:15. Long story short, we finally landed, got on our second shuttle bus of the day (this time bound for the parking garage), heard the bus driver's story about how he almost ran over some random girl today. She thought it would be a good idea to lay down in the middle of the road... go figure. We did manage to find our car. It was still parked in the same spot we left it. We started toward home... both too tired to pull out an ipod and plug it into the audio system in the car, so we rode the whole way in silence. Blake checked on me every so often to make sure I wasn't sleeping... isn't he nice? When we got home, we both basically fell into bed and didn't wake until the alarm said it was time. Even then, it took me 30 minutes to decide that I do actually have to get up.
All of this to say, We are glad we got to go and glad to be back home. Now, if only there was a way to magically get all of our stuff unpacked and put away. I'll work on that.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was quite a trip! Glad you made it back ok :)