Thursday, March 27, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
- both take life EXTREMELY seriously. When bo puts his mind to something, he's going to get it. It might be a toy, treat, whatever Blake is eating, to fight, to go outside, to go to bed, to get out of bed... you name it.
- both are gullible and will fall for anything. One of Bo's favorite games is fetch. This is the game where we throw his donkey or another random toy down the hall and he goes to get it. We can fake throw it as many times as we want and he falls for it every time.
- both are honorary security guards. (thank you wikipedia for that tid-bit.) Bo exercises his guarding ability in several ways. He is sure to let us know if anyone rings the buzzer to our apartment, walks by the door, is too loud in the hall, if Blake is walking up the stairs (before I can hear him), and if a pigeon lands on the air conditioner outside our window. He also likes to "police" other dogs in the dog park and tell them when they are out of line. He has chilled a little bit on this lately, but he still tries.
- both have strange bathroom habits. Dwight's lives in a 9 bedroom house with 1 bathroom which is located UNDER the porch. While we don't have nine bedrooms (we barely have 1)... we do live on the 4th floor of a walk-up apartment and bo's bathroom is located at the base of the steps. HA!
- both have somewhat of a "dry" sense of humor. Most of the time their jokes take a few minutes to hit you... and when they do... BAM, they are funny.
- both make random comments and ask random questions of their boss (me) just to make fun of them (me). Jim does this while making funny faces into the camera. If we had a camera crew in our apartment, I'm sure Blake would take every opportunity to do this as well.
- both like to play jokes on others. Jim lives to play jokes on Dwight any chance he gets. Blake... you guessed it... lives to play jokes on poor Bo. Don't get me wrong... Bo thrives on it as does Dwight. It is what makes their relationships work. Blake loves spending time hiding Bo's favorite toys so that Bo will all but kill himself trying to get them back. He laughs when he has pretended to throw a toy and Bo runs around the apartment sniffing the air to try to find it.
- both like to imitate their target. This is a photo of Jim imitating Dwight...I don't have a photo of Blake imitating Bo... but if you may have noticed by past pictures of Bo... He has a little problem with his tongue hanging out because he is missing some teeth. Blake likes to make his tongue hang out and make facial expressions like Bo does. He also thinks it is funny to grab Bo's tongue when it is hanging out... I'll give it to him... it is fun. I do it too.
- both are genuinely nice people. Even though they are both funny and like to play jokes. Both Blake and Jim really care about the people around them... Let's all say it together... awwwww....
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Blake and I decided that we needed a dinner out, so we went to a Malaysian place a little ways away from our apartment. We ordered "Masak Lemak". For those of you who speak English only... like me... this is what the menu said, (thank you menupages.com) "Choice of Shrimp, beef or white meat chicken sauteed with green and red peppers, onions, carrots, dried red chilis and ginger in a spicy aromatic chili gravy." YUUUMMMMMY! It was spicy and delicious. Yay for fun places to eat in NYC.
And.... Here's the finished! Looks better, right?
Friday, March 14, 2008
Today, Blake and I took Bo to the park down at the end of the block
because he was itching to get outside and see some spring. Well, it
isn't really spring here yet, but it has warmed up quite a bit. You
have to understand... Bo HATED the dog park when we first moved here.
He is a lot smaller than the other dogs (even in the "small dog"
park.) He is doing much better with it now, and today he even had
some fun! This is the first time he didn't spend more time in my lap
than he did running around. Such a cutie. Here are some photos from
Notice... none of Bo's 4 legs are touching the ground in the next one.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
After church today, I went out to eat with our small group. We had a lot of fun, food, and conversation at "The Barking Dog". It is an Upper East Side diner type thing that has dog photos all over the wall and a little dog water fountain outside. It's cute! Blake didn't get to join us because it was the middle of the night for him as he works at night. Poor guy. Anyway, as we were leaving, this was the sight on the street... A Lamborghini.... and it has a parking ticket on it... haha. I guess if you can afford that kind of car, you can afford the expensive but convenient parking. Gotta love New Yorkers!